Monday 8 October 2018

Garter Stitch & Stockinette Stitch


A week back I had started a Knit a block a week challenge.
So, here comes the first set . I knitted the 2 most basic blocks together.





When I srarted learning to knit I worked the stockinette stitch first. The most common stitch used for school sweaters as they give a plain and a formal look.
Garter Stitch was usually used for add-on panels for scarves.

Interestingly, these names were not used then. I learned these only when I strated using internet.

My favorite of the two, ages ago, was the stockinette as it gives neat finish.
But now, my preference has changed to Garter stitch, as I love its bumpy and not so plain look.


Garter Stitch

Cast on any number of stitches.

Every row : Knit or Purl


Stockinette Stitch 

Cast on any number of stitches.

Row 1 ( right side) - Knit
Row 2 - Purl

Repeat rows 1 and 2 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and what you think of this post